Develop and support products and platforms for testing and simulation of advanced batteries.
- BS in engineering; electrical, computer, or mechanical engineering preferred; MS a plus
- 2-5 Years product design experience, with a demonstrated track record of product innovation
- 4-8 Years of experience testing advanced batteries, battery energy storage systems, battery management systems (BMS), hybrid and electric vehicles
- 2-4 Years of embedded and PC software development experience, LabVIEW experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fast and eager learning, utilizing, and applying new technology
- Excellent time management, presentation, and organization skills
- Experience with automated test and validation applications, including hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) testing, design validation testing, end-of-line (EOL) manufacturing functional testing, and high-channel data acquisition and processing
- FPGA simulation using NI RIO, FlexRIO, and compactRIO
- Strong hands-on hardware troubleshooting and software debugging skills
- Design and analysis of analog and digital circuits
- Working knowledge of signal processing in time and frequency domains
- Experience with any of the following: signal conditioning, power electronics, data acquisition, electronic test instruments, C/C++/C#, VHDL, real-time control and simulation, CAD, UML, documentation, National Instruments hardware (PXI, DAQ, RIO)
- Project management and/or engineering team leadership
This role is an integral part of Bloomy's growing Battery Test and Simulation business. You will be responsible for helping to design and build new products and user experiences. You will also be a key contributor to our growing support and marketing efforts surrounding our battery test and simulation products and their associated system solutions. Applications include battery management system (BMS) testing, battery energy storage system testing, and custom battery test equipment. Essential tasks include:
- Design new battery test and simulation products and platforms, and modify existing designs
- Recommend design and/or material improvements for existing products
- Build and test prototypes, and present findings to product management team
- Create BOMs, wiring diagrams, design extrusions, and model prototypes
- Perform cost analysis and manage design projects from inception through the New Product Introduction process.
- Participate in pilot and pre-production runs for product launches
- Work directly with engineering teams on system integration efforts built upon core products
- Provide customer support of field-deployed products and systems
- Build product messaging and write feature description to feed documentation, marketing, and sales teams
- Contribute to content marketing including blog articles, application notes, white papers, webinars, and conference presentations
- Survey existing customer base and synthesize findings and recommend actions
Company office in Paramus, NJ with moderate travel to company offices, tradeshows, and customer sites within the United States.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to ITAR restrictions, candidates must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States.