Provide hands-on leadership of the finance and administrative department for a small, closely-held technology firm undergoing rapid change and growth. Oversee and direct all backoffice functions, including accounting, human resources, contracts administration, facilities maintenance, and staff event planning. Contribute financial analysis for the company’s strategic plans as a member of the executive leadership team. Support the company’s transformation from regional consulting services to global products.
- BA or BS and MBA in accounting, finance, business administration, or management
- 10 years of related experience
- 7 or more years of leadership experience including hiring, training, and supervising accounting and administrative staff
- Experience designing and analyzing business KPIs
- Experience authoring, improving, streamlining, documenting, and automating work-flow procedures, standards and policies, and employee handbook documents
- Comfortable reviewing and executing a variety of contract documents
- Experience implementing or maintaining and enhancing business systems such as accounting, ERP, and inventory management. Resourceful and effective at utilizing technology.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgement and make decisions based upon accurate and timely analyses
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Energetic, personable, dedicated, responsive, and responsible
- Experience with 2 or more different business types, such as professional services and manufacturing; small and mid-size companies
- Experience with human resources including definition of roles and accountabilities, performance appraisals, benefit and incentive design and administration, career track definitions, recruiting and employee alignment and engagement
- Experience with Deltek Vision, Epicor or similar middle-market business or ERP systems
- Experience with government contracting and accounting rules, regulations, and associated documentation, such as FAR/DFAR, representations and certifications, and ITAR
- Experience administering employee benefits
- Experience maintaining office technology, such as computers, software, networks, servers, VOIP telephone systems, copiers, and Internet
- Executive leadership
- Facilitate annual business planning process with financial projections and budgets. Establish and monitor KPIs.
- Facilitate monthly leadership team meetings. Present financials with insightful interpretations and actionable recommendations
- Perform as a co-fiduciary with company 401k, and as a registered company Treasurer officer with signature authority
- Oversee all accounting functions performed by team including A/P, A/R, payroll, monthly and annual accruals, journal entries, and close, sales and income taxes. Ensure GAAP compliance.
- Maintain prudent internal controls, checks and balances, and best practices for security and fraud prevention
- Design and administer incentive programs such as variable compensation for sales engineers.
- Liaise with 3rd party CPA on financial review or audit, statements, tax filings, and R&D tax credits
- Human Resources
- Note: the company has ADP TotalSource HR and Benefits Management System and access to its resources, team of experts and tools
- Administer benefits, review process, management best practices, and legal compliances. Help promote regular 1:1 meetings between employees and supervisors.
- Oversee employment agreements, contractor agreements, and new hire onboarding processes. Maintain all employee records including reviews, training, certifications, and promotions.
- Maintain company standards, policies and procedures including the employee handbook, with an emphasis on simplicity, expediency, and trust.
- Periodically review policies and procedures and help ensure state, federal, and regulatory compliances such as DOL, ERISA, ITAR, and OSHA (with the help of ADP TotalSource).
- Administer VISA applications and proper work status of foreign citizens (with help from immigration attorney)
- Foster employee professional and social engagement throughout the company. Organize social activities, outings and events.
- Promote the company's values of honesty, technology, dedication and teamwork.
- Promote a culture of ONE BLOOMY across multiple sites.
- Financial Management
- Evaluate, recommend, and help secure appropriate financing. Maintain lender and creditor relationships. Satisfy all reporting requirements and covenants.
- Oversee risk mitigation and fraud prevention. Maintain proper insurances. Help protect company assets against cyber/virtual/physical threats.
- Oversee and administer disaster prevention and recovery procedures
- Support an effort to identify and implement a new "bolt-on" inventory management and control system. Eventually support the implementation of a new mid-market ERP system to support both manufacturing and services (such as Epicor)
- Legal contract review
- Review, negotiate and execute new customer, supplier, contractor and employee contract paperwork.
- Review and negotiate quotes, purchase orders, terms and conditions, NDAs, facility leases, representations and certifications, and export documentation. Liaise with customers, program managers, legal counsel, freight forwarders, and/or other 3rd party specialists as needed. Maintain timely communication and positive relations with customers and stakeholders throughout the process.
- Finance and Administrative Team Leadership
- Supervise, train and motivate all finance and administrative staff, as well as 3rd party contractors and benefits providers. Provide clear definition of roles and accountabilities and maintain job descriptions.
- Develop skills, document standard work flows, and maintain overlap/redundancy of each function. Manage projects, workload and priorities
- Recruit, hire, train and restructure as needed to address skills gaps
- Assist program managers and various stakeholders with reporting and interpretation of project KPIs such as earned value
- Rapidly respond to customer inquiries, orders and requests. Expedite the new customer and new order contract review processes. Administer customer satisfaction surveys.
- Maintain the upkeep of facilities. Manage contractors, equipment, supplies, and furnishings. Implement and oversee security systems. Maintain and periodically upgrade telephone systems, Internet service, printers, copiers, administrative PCs and software.
- Hold regular finance and administrative department meetings. Address day-to-day questions and workflow. Foster a verbally communicative interpersonal environment.
- Administer customer satisfaction surveys
Company offices in Windsor, CT or Marlborough, MA with occasional travel between offices.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to ITAR restrictions, candidates must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States.