We’re looking for a seasoned technology leader to lead our engineering organization that employs multi-disciplined engineering resources, tools, processes and certifications to support the specification, design, implementation, verification, validation and delivery of Automated Test, Data Acquisition, Vision & Motion as well as Embedded Control Systems. As Director of Engineering, you’ll be part of the Engineering Leadership team and will be responsible for managing lead systems engineers, software engineers, electrical engineers and applications engineers, delivering innovative solutions to customers in Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Electric Vehicle Battery Management and Medical Device industries. The incumbent will establish the strategy for our technical direction aligned with our technology roadmap and be a change agent as we transition to a high technical product mix environment.
As Engineering Director, you will be responsible for establishing and maintaining a competent and cutting-edge engineering and software technology organization. This position will report to the Vice President of Operations, and will work very closely with company leadership, the program management organization, quality assurance, operational leaders, internal and external customers, and other sites within organization.
- Mentor and supervise staff
- Oversee all aspects of key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis
- Plan and formulate aspects of projects and proposals such as objective, applications, project cost and resource requirements
- Owner of the Design and Product release process
- Develop and implement methods and procedures for producing the most cost effective engineering utilization on projects
- Develop Product and Project Engineering organizational plans commensurate with operational growth and make hiring recommendations to management
- Oversee design, development and qualification of product solutions
- Support negotiation of contract terms and conditions
- Interface with customer for requirements definition and SOW compliance
- Proposal Development (including review and approval of Cost & Schedule baselines)
- Chair Engineering Review Board and CCBs
- Chair technical peer and manufacturing readiness reviews
- Process owner of Engineering Lessons Learned and Root Cause Corrective Action process
- Responsible for Employee Allocation, Utilization Planning, and Assignments
- Perform Performance Evaluations of engineering staff
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Aerospace. Physics, or other technical field. Master of Science in Systems Engineering preferred
- 15+ years related experience in design, development and manufacture of data acquisition systems with embedded controls in an automated test environment
- A strong engineering background with excellent organizational and communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, environment
- A view towards continuous improvement of the control systems engineering design effort
- Ability to build effective relationships with company senior management and internal stakeholders
- Strong leadership style and excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Ability to oversee projects effectively and to take personal responsibility for their completion on schedule and within budget
- Ability to gather data from multiple sources and summarize key issues at the executive level
Company headquarters in Windsor, CT with travel to company development centers within the northeast US; as well as occasional travel to customer sites throughout the United States.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Due to ITAR restrictions, candidates must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States.