Providing the highest quality products and services that stimulate our employees, providing cost savings benefits to our customers all while delivering innovative industry solutions, Bloomy Controls is growing! With new and dynamic product offerings in Real Time Systems Acceptance Test benefiting from hardware in the loop architectures Bloomy Controls has an exciting opportunity for a Program Director.
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations the Program Director (PD) will be an individual contributor as well as manage the Program Office in execution of some of Bloomy’s most complex product offerings. The Program Director will also be responsible for the development of Bloomy’s Program Office comprised of program managers as direct reports to the PD, tasked to execute all activities related to execution of various contracts. The PD will provide a single point of contact for all program related inquiries, will facilitate interdepartmental cohesiveness between engineering, manufacturing, finance, business development and supply chain.
As a Program Director you will manage complex customer facing programs across geographically dispersed locations which include multiple products, multiple platforms while providing business leadership to ensure that contractual requirements are delivered on time and financial targets are achieved. As the Program Director you will be responsible for simultaneously management of New Product Introductions as well as program execution through customer delivery and acceptance.
The Program Director will participate in the development of win strategies and capture plans, proposal development, formulate and reviews project plans, determine program cost, and ensure conformance to work standards and compliance matrix’s. Ensure Customer Requirements are documented, understood, assessed and integrated into the Program Management Plan (PMP), Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and appropriate budgets are assigned to complete all tasks to deliver the Requirements. Identify Customer Milestones (e.g. PDR, CDR, PRR) and align the PMP and IMS to ensure all Milestones will be achieved on schedule and on budget.
The Program Director will also be accountable for Earned Value Management of programs to ensure on-time delivery within a prescribed time fame and funding parameters. He/She will deliver guidance for project scope, work breakdown structures, and the integrated master plan. Provides overall leadership and direction to the PMO (to include coaching team members, resolving conflict, and initiating corrective actions, where necessary).
Identifies potential issues and problems that could impact program performance, and takes proactive action to resolve technical or cost and schedule challenges. Establish and clearly communicate overall program objectives to executing resources.
- Bachelors' degree in engineering, business, or related discipline; Masters' degree preferred
- Experience in Program Management and leading multifunctional program teams across multiple locations
- Ability to operate and lead in team environment, and teach and mentor others to manage in same way
- Ability to manage revenue, profit and cash performance of programs
- Strong experience in Earned Value Management, Program Baseline Execution
- Ability to manage risk to reduce likelihood and severity of program impacts
- Ability to resolve disputes and negotiate with positive outcome while maintaining good relationships with customers
- Directing Others: Is good at establishing clear directions and stretching objectives
- Leadership and Drive: Must be the driving force for success and lead from the front. Comfortable in command and control of the program
- Proven experience as Program Director in a systems integration environment
- Excellent knowledge of performance evaluation techniques and key metrics
- Working knowledge of MS Project and common project management tools
Company headquarters in Windsor, CT with travel to company development centers within the northeast US; as well as occasional travel to customer sites throughout the United States.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Due to ITAR restrictions, candidates must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States.