Develop real-time, hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) test systems using National Instruments (NI) LabVIEW and VeriStand for test and validation of avionics and embedded systems.
- BS in engineering; electrical, computer, or aerospace engineering preferred; MS a plus
- 2-5 Years LabVIEW or VeriStand development experience, NI certification a plus
- Working knowledge of common aerospace signals including avionic buses
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fast and eager learning, utilizing, and applying new technology
- Experience with aerospace real-time test and validation applications, including hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) testing, systems integration lab (SIL) testing, and high-channel data acquisition and processing
- FPGA simulation using NI RIO, FlexRIO, and compactRIO
- Strong hands-on hardware troubleshooting and software debugging skills
- Design and analysis of analog and digital circuits
- Working knowledge of signal processing in time and frequency domains
- Experience with any of the following: signal conditioning, power electronics, data acquisition, electronic test instruments, C/C++/C#, VHDL, real-time control and simulation, CAD, UML, documentation, National Instruments hardware (PXI, DAQ, RIO)
- Project management and/or engineering team leadership
The Real-Time Test Development Engineer uses LabVIEW, VeriStand and NI hardware to design and integrate systems for automated test, data acquisition, simulation, and control. Applications include systems integration lab (SIL) data systems, hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) testing, line replaceable unit (LRU) testing, and battery management system (BMS) testing. Systems involve a variety of technologies including electronic signal conditioning, PXI and instrument control; FPGA, real-time, and embedded systems; online data processing and analysis; database SQL, machine vision, and motion control. Responsibilities include direct customer contact and moderate travel within the United States. Flexible long-term career path may include certification, technical training, project management, business development, or engineering leadership.
Company office in Windsor, CT with occasional travel to company offices and customer sites within the United States.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to ITAR restrictions, candidates must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States.