Develop real-time, hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) test systems using National Instruments (NI) Hardware and Software platforms for test and validation of aerospace test systems.
The Sr. Systems Test Development Engineer will utilize NI & Bloomy hardware and software platforms to design and integrate systems for automated test, data acquisition, simulation, and control. Applications include systems integration lab (SIL) data systems, hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) testing, line replaceable unit (LRU) testing, and Production (ATP,ESS, HALT/HASS) testing. Systems involve a variety of technologies including electronic signal conditioning, PXI and instrument control; FPGA, real-time, and embedded systems; online data processing and analysis; database SQL, and power distribution and control. Responsibilities also include direct customer contact for technical requirements definition and proposal technical volume preparation as well as moderate travel within the United States to customer sites. Flexible long-term career path may include certification, technical training, project management, business development, or engineering leadership.directly with Quality Management Representative to continuous improve the company’s quality systems.
- BS in engineering; electrical, computer, or aerospace engineering preferred; MS a plus
- Experience designing, documenting, building and maintaining automated test equipment in the aerospace industry
- Working knowledge of common aerospace signals including avionic buses
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fast and eager learning, utilizing, and applying new technology
- Experience with aerospace real-time test and validation applications, including hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) testing, systems integration lab (SIL) testing, and high-channel data acquisition and processing
- Knowledge of NI LabVIEW or VeriStand., NI certification a plus
- Strong hands-on hardware troubleshooting and software debugging skills
- Design and analysis of analog and digital circuits
- Working knowledge of signal processing in time and frequency domains
- Experience with the following: signal conditioning, power electronics, data acquisition, electronic test instruments, VHDL, real-time control and simulation, CAD, UML, documentation, National Instruments hardware (PXI, DAQ, RIO)
- Project management and/or engineering team leadership
Company headquarters in Windsor, CT with travel to company development centers within the northeast US; as well as occasional travel to customer sites throughout the United States.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Due to ITAR restrictions, candidates must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States.