Develop real-time, hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) test systems using National Instruments (NI) Hardware and Software platforms for test and validation of aerospace test systems.
- BS in engineering; electrical, computer, or aerospace engineering preferred; MS a plus
- Experience designing, documenting, building and maintaining automated test equipment in the aerospace industry
- Working knowledge of common aerospace signals including avionic buses
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fast and eager learning, utilizing, and applying new technology
- Experience with aerospace real-time test and validation applications, including hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) testing, systems integration lab (SIL) testing, and high-channel data acquisition and processing
- Knowledge of NI LabVIEW or VeriStand., NI certification a plus
- Strong hands-on hardware troubleshooting and software debugging skills
- Design and analysis of analog and digital circuits
- Working knowledge of signal processing in time and frequency domains
- Experience with any of the following: signal conditioning, power electronics, data acquisition, electronic test instruments, VHDL, real-time control and simulation, CAD, UML, documentation, National Instruments hardware (PXI, DAQ, RIO)
- Project management and/or engineering team leadership
The Systems Test Development Engineer uses and NI hardware and software platforms to design and integrate systems for automated test, data acquisition, simulation, and control. Applications include systems integration lab (SIL) data systems, hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) testing, line replaceable unit (LRU) testing, and production (ATP, ESS, HALT/HASS) testing. Systems involve a variety of technologies including electronic signal conditioning, PXI and instrument control; FPGA, real-time, and embedded systems; online data processing and analysis; database SQL, and power distribution and control. Responsibilities include direct customer contact and moderate travel within the United States. Flexible long-term career path may include certification, technical training, project management, business development, or engineering leadership.
Company office in Windsor, CT with occasional travel to company offices and customer sites within the United States.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to ITAR restrictions, candidates must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States.