Oversee and direct all engineering and manufacturing operations. Grow revenue, profitability and product portfolio, while implementing a product infrastructure.
- BS in engineering or science, MS or MBA in management
- Minimum 10 years of director-level management experience in high-tech manufacturing
- Experience managing engineering teams
- Experience managing manufacturing of low-volume, highly-engineered products
- Experience designing and implementing manufacturing processes
- Experience defining company strategy and leading implementation initiatives
- Extremely high moral and ethical standards
- Experience managing 10 or more reports, including diverse functional reports in multiple locations
- Experience with engineering services and custom systems integration business models
- Experience with automated test equipment design and deployment
- Experience with project and program management
- Experience serving aerospace and electronics manufacturing industries
- Draws employees into collaborative teams of productivity and continuous improvement
- Extremely well organized
- Personable and communicative
- Multitasking and decisive
- Engaging and team oriented
- Excellent time management skills
- Executive leadership
- Manage P&L
- Lead development of annual operating plans and budgets
- Collaborate with the executive peers on major company decisions
- Report to President/Owner
- Manage operations
- Manage front-line managers, including 6 business unit managers
- Manage production and quality functions
- Maintain alignment across business units with specific attention to corporate goals and culture, cross-unit collaboration, and the adherence and continual improvement of standards, policies, and procedures
- Optimize staffing mix and performance of operational team, across the organization including technical managers, engineers, project managers, assemblers, technicians, quality, purchasing, shipping, and receiving.
- Manage all facilities (currently three), including space planning, maintenance, expansions, leases and relocations
- Oversee skills development of technical employees
- Oversee quote and proposal processes to balance revenue with profitability and manage risk
- Promote an energetic, innovative, fun and rewarding work environment
- Build a product manufacturing infrastructure for low-volume, highly-engineered products in proportion to the pace of product revenue growth
- Develop robust strategy and tactical approach to manufacturing, R&D, and product lifecycle
- Lead selection and implementation of new systems, likely to include inventory management system, ERP/MES, and quality management.
Company office in Windsor, CT with occasional travel to company, customer, and partner facilities primarily within the US.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Due to ITAR restrictions, candidates must be citizens, permanent residents, or have asylee/refugee status in the United States.