Lead in design, development and test of real-time hardware-in-the-loop simulation systems for validation of electronic control systems for aerospace, transportation and defense.
- 10+ years of experience with systems engineering
- 7+ years of experience with instrumentation and controls for aerospace applications
- Familiarity with the following standards, applications and devices:
- RS485, Ethernet, CAN
- Electronic sensors and actuators (thermocouples, VDTs, loads, etc.)
- Verification and validation procedures and implementation using test systems
- Simulation and modeling environments
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- High energy, motivation, and enthusiasm; personable, team-oriented and responsive communicator
- BS degree in engineering or science
- Strong hands-on hardware troubleshooting and software debugging skills
- Avionics test experience including electronic engine controls, flight control computers, etc.
- Ability to provide technical leadership to team of engineers through system development including requirements development, design, implementation, test and integration
- Familiarity with National Instruments VeriStand, Test Stand, compactRIO, PXI, RT and Switch, Load and Signal Conditioning (SLSC) platform
- Familiarity with printed circuit board assembly manufacturing, testing and functional verification
- Familiarity with FCC/CE certifications
- Ability to mentor engineer(s) for continuous technical and soft skills improvement
- Ability to communicate effectively with a prospective customer, understand requirements, and develop solutions
Utilize NI and Bloomy hardware and software platforms to design and integrate real-time simulation systems for testing electronic control system for aerospace, transportation and defense. Applications include open- and closed-loop LRU validation testing, systems integration lab (SIL) testing, and production (ATP, ESS, HALT/HASS) testing high-quality electronics, instrumentation and controls products and services to customers for aerospace, transportation and defense industries. Execute tasks with the objective of supporting the overarching company goal of producing automated test solutions that exemplify the world’s best professional practices produced by a world-class team. Communicate effectively across Bloomy including Engineering, PMO, Manufacturing, Quality and Leadership as needed. Communicate regularly with customers to ensure expectations are understood and met with deliverables. Lead and generate quotes and project proposals, assist Sales team with customer engagements.
Main office for this position can be in Windsor, CT, or Marlborough, MA, with occasional travel between offices and customers primarily within the northeast US.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to [email protected]. ITAR restrictions require that candidates must be citizens, permanent residents, or have asylee/refugee status in the United States.