South Windsor, CT
Provide essential accounting and administrative support for a privately held, project based high-tech engineering and manufacturing firm.
- BS in accounting with 2-5 years of experience
- GAAP Accrual-based accounting skills including maintaining and documenting all aspects of A/P, A/R, and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Understanding of ERP systems; proficient in data entry
- Excellent skills with all Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; collaborates well with colleagues
- Creative thinking that can be applied to improving, streamlining, and automating a wide variety of office procedures.
- Personable, energetic, dedicated, and responsible. Detail oriented, organized and understands deadlines. Flexible and adaptable to dynamic business environment.
- Project cost accounting including knowledge of percentage of completion revenue recognition, inventory transfers, material markups, and margin analysis.
- Knowledge of Deltek Vision is a plus
- Experience reviewing and negotiating customer and vendor contracts including nondisclosure agreements, terms and conditions and government flow-downs.
Prepare invoices, bills, accounts payables, receivables, purchase orders and bank reconciliations. Assist the Accounting Manager with addressing customer/vendor queries, entering financial information into the appropriate accounts of the ERP system, and processing business expenses. Manage the day-to-day transactions, posting of daily receipts, monthly sales tax processing, handling of accruals and sort/post financial documents to the proper accounts. Generate monthly account reconciliations and create ad hoc reports. Document and help streamline processes and procedures. Cross-train in tangential functions, such as customer service, legal contract reviews, human resources, event planning and facilities maintenance. Support the company’s mission to provide automated test solutions for mission-critical and emerging applications which increase product safety, performance and reliability while reducing the cost of test.
Company headquarters in South Windsor, CT.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Due to ITAR restrictions, candidates must be citizens, permanent residents, or have asylee/refugee status in the United States.