functional test, maximized.
Extend test to encompass copious test points and unit under test (UUT) varieties along with real-time, hardware-in-the-loop and other state-of-the-art instrumentation. extendedUTS (xUTS) is a custom product for high complexity functional test. Configured for the unique needs of a class of UUTs, the xUTS employs our universal test system approach that combines the best open platform instrumentation and software along with mass interconnect technology.
xUTS is best suited for:
- Test of complex and/or numerous UUTs
- Very high number of test points
- Plethora of instruments/supplies needed
- Real-time and/or HIL testing
- High reliability device test
- Industrial/Equipment manufacturers
- Military/aerospace contractors
- Medical device manufacturers
Sometimes test systems need to handle very complex or a huge variety of UUTs that require the use of many types of instrumentation, power supplies, computing architectures and techniques. Bloomy has integrated many of these sophisticated functional test and hardware-in-the-loop systems. Each employ a mass interconnect to interface the test instrumentation with the unit under test through an interface test adapter (ITA). Many systems also include a self-test ITA and test sequence so that the instrumentation can be verified for proper operation up to and through the mass interconnect.
Typical components of the extendedUTS include:
- 18 slot PXIe chassis with quad core controller
- VPC G12, G18 or 9025 mass interconnect interface jack (receiver)
- Programmable AC and DC power supplies
- Programmable loads
- Uninterruptible power supply
- Bloomy power distribution and control
UUTs by the extendedUTS are connected via interface test adapters (ITA). Bloomy can provide turnkey cables and ITA fixtures along with test sequence development.
A Self-test Suite is also available that includes a specially configured i1 plug and test sequence to exercise all of the instrumentation and switching though to the mass interconnect, assuring the proper functioning of the xUTS in day-to-day test operations.