MIL-STD-1553B is a low-speed avionics data protocol frequently used in aircraft for communication between different line-replaceable units (LRUs). Hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) simulators and systems integration labs (SILs) frequently simulate MIL-STD-1553B networks using devices such as Bloomy's 1553B C Series module. This article presents a high-level overview of MIL-STD-1553B communications and implementation.
You are here
To celebrate the release of the newest EFT Module for TestStand version, which adds native support for LabVIEW and TestStand 2019, we wanted to share with you some very useful features that you might not be aware of.
LabVIEW Real-Time driver for Bloomy’s MIL-STD-1553B Avionics Bus Communications C-Series Module dramatically simplifies development and improves performance.
Programming Bloomy’s 1553B C-Series Module may now be performed using LabVIEW Real-Time, without the need for complex FPGA software development. While the FPGA remains an available resource, the new driver largely eliminates its use for most common automated test applications. The new Real-Time driver is much more intuitive, functional, as well as higher performing. New capabilities include:
- Established western US coverage
- Released four new Simulation System test platforms for aerospace, transportation and defense
- Released five new simulation modules and accessories for NI SLSC
- Delivered our largest & most complex Simulation System to a premiere airframer
- Supported electrification of vehicles with BMS testing equipment
The Battery Simulator 1200 is a commercial, off-the-shelf instrument designed for safe and efficient battery cell simulation under the control of a host PC or automated testing system. Due to the increasing pace of electrification across many industries, our customers are using this instrument in more widely varying test configurations.
- Record revenue
- 12 Simulation system deliveries
- Editor’s Choice award for 1553 C Series module
- Continued success of battery simulators for EV BMS testing
- New leadership and function-based organizational structure
- New higher-volume production capacity with higher quality
- New SLSC modules and accessories
- 2019 outlook
Happy New Year.
Developing TestStand code on a production machine can lead to unexpected consequences. This describes one way to ensure that production data in the EFT database is not lost as a result of such unintended consequences.
WebDAV File Transfer
It is often the case with embedded applications that log files are saved directly on the real-time system. However, due to memory limitations, we need to retrieve these files to view the information, archive the files, and alleviate memory space on the real-time system. The following article describes the process for efficiently transferring files from a CompactRIO chassis to a Windows PC using the WebDAV toolkit for LabVIEW.
Modifying the DDS Engine