Test and simulate MIL-STD-1553B bus communications
Bloomy’s 1553B C Series module provides MIL-STD-1553B communication functionality in a rugged National Instruments (NI) CompactRIO form factor. The module includes a single dual-redundant bus interface that can operate in bus controller, remote terminal, and bus monitor modes.
By leveraging the NI CompactRIO architecture, the module is able to take advantage of the real-time controller and FPGA functionality to provide a flexible software-based configuration with multiple operating modes, and a full command interface for custom applications. LabVIEW drivers and example code are available to allow users to rapidly develop custom applications.
For additional information download the 1553B C Series Module product sheet.
Bloomy's 1553B C Series Module can be used in a range of test, monitoring, and simulation applications including:
- Aircraft system monitoring and diagnostics
- Flight line diagnostics
- OFP programming / verification
- Fault code download
- Device simulation
- Functional unit testing
Contact us if you would like to discuss your application with an engineer.
1553B C Series Module features include:
- Provides one dual-redundant MIL-STD-1553B bus terminal
- High-level API implements out-of-the-box single-function MIL-STD-1553B interface
- Low-level API enables concurrent operation for one to four MIL-STD-1553B functions:
- bus controller,
- bus monitor, or
- two remote terminals
- Low-overhead Holt HI-6131 terminal allows small FPGA footprint
- All features of Holt HI-6131 available through low-level API
- Integrated isolation transformers for stub coupling
- Includes LabVIEW drivers and example code
- CompactRIO MILSTD-1553B terminal with integrated isolation transformers
- Designed for use with stub-coupled network topologies
- Compatible with direct coupling with optional cable
- Short-circuit protected transmitters
- Requires 12-24VDC, 2.5W (max.) external power supply, not included
|1200-00001||MIL-STD-1553B Interface Module for cRIO (includes module and mating power connector)|
|1200-00027||Dual-Channel 1553 Cable Assembly for stub coupling, 2' (contact us for direct coupling or other made-to-order lengths)|
For price and delivery, please complete the request a quote webform.
Version 1.11c Drivers
Version 1.12b Drivers*
|BCI-1553 Drivers for LabVIEW 2016||BCI-1553 Drivers for LabVIEW 2016|
|BCI-1553 Drivers for LabVIEW 2017||BCI-1553 Drivers for LabVIEW 2017|
|BCI-1553 Drivers for LabVIEW 2018||BCI-1553 Drivers for LabVIEW 2018|
|BCI-1553 Drivers for LabVIEW 2019||BCI-1553 Drivers for LabVIEW 2019|
|BCI-1553 Drivers for LabVIEW 2020|
|BCI-1553 RealTime API (Initial Beta Release)|
When do I use version 1.11c? - If you have 1553 module purchased and/or manufactured before 02/01/2021.
When do I use version 1.12b? – If you have a 1553 module purchased and/or manufactured after 02/01/2021.
If you have a module that was purchased and/or manufactured before 02/01/2021 that you would like you use with a 9040 or 9050 cRIO chassis, please contact Bloomy sales or support for additional information.